Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Civilization III...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone play this kick ass game? I'm still learning all the little ins and outs, but I'm having so much fun...I thought the second version couldn't be improved upon...oh was I wrong...if anyone DOES play, then we'll have to figure out a way to get a good online game going...heh...

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Never played it, but I've heard of it. Good luck against the Romans.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As it happens I just picked up the second expansion, which also includes the first expansion btw, and am once again flailing away at it.
    It's so tough it's not funny! Plus the computer cheats a lot! Plus one wrong move early on makes life really bad! Etc.
    At least a few new races are interesting! And there's supposed to be much more ability to edit and play with stuff. And some scenarios, but who has time for those??
    Would like to play online, perhaps there's a turn-a-day option somewheres...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Silly, Jace, when I play, I AM the Romans...wouldn't be any other group...my favorite period of history and all...

    And we'll have to figure it out someday, Cats...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 3peanuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2001
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I play Civilization II.

    I tend to be the charismatic mother of an integralistic Russia.

    I use to nuke enemies and bribe cities.
    I always make lotsa money, and the first thing I discover in every game is Trade.

    I like to cheat on the Celts: I promise peace then start bribing their cities till thay are forced to attack and I can play the victim and nuke them to the ground.

    Wish no shrink ever reads this... [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will state for the record that I've yet to complete a Civ III match...though my current one is looking promising...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •